CenturyLink SECURITY TECHNICIAN III in Buenos Aires, Argentina
CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Performs second tier Security Technician support by working in a fast-paced, Network Operations Center type environment. Demonstrates proficiency exercising a sound depth and breadth of technical subject knowledge complimented with customer-focused soft skills. Supports Global Security function 24x7x365, by performing incident response, break/fix analysis and repair activities within a multi-dimensional and dynamic logical and/or physical security environment. Executes key role in an enterprise defense in-depth structure; acting as the second line of defense, performing troubleshooting and situational triage; receives work from front line security technicians whose primary focus is surveillance (alarm monitoring). Performs scheduled and break/fix maintenance work according to prescribed methods and procedures in pre-designated windows.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
3-5 years Technician in a telecommunications / physical and network security environment. Exceptional customer service skills. Ability to multi-task during events Ability to communicate effectively with managers, customers and vendors on escalation status. Ability to manage technical workload and engage senior technicians and management as appropriate. Ability to maintain a solid working relationship including collaborative technical activities with peers. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills required. Advanced knowledge of the Level 3 network security landscape – logical and / or physical Good analytical and problem solving skills, Ability to work extra hours as needed. Ability to work shift work needed. Ability to be self-motivated and a self-learner.
• Provide highest Technician level support, isolating and resolving the most complex fault conditions
• Act as technical lead to junior SOC technicians, provide developmental and mentoring tasks
• Develop and evolve working relationships with internal and external vendor support organisations
• Denial of Service mitigation for customers delivered via multiple vendor platforms via several technologies and approaches
• Overflow and coaching support for Tier I and Tier-II activities. MSS customer standard changes: reactive configurations for filter rules, Anti-Virus settings, AS and BGP settings, network address translation, DHCP, and IPS filters
• Undertake projects with both internal and external bias, representing Global Security Organisation
• Managing customer network security device health and availability
• Proactive and reactive response to security issues, including Denial of Service attacks, suspicious or abnormal network activity and general customer security inquiries
• Standard customer reporting covering trends and analysis, performance, and incidents detected and mitigated. Population and maintenance of SKMS (Service Knowledge Management System) Other administrative, process and procedure, and Knowledge Management duties as needed
• Acceptable Use Policy follow-up and response IDS/IPS response (manual null routing, additional analysis, follow-up)
• Connection, authentication, and performance support for RVA secure VPN solutions, including both site-to-site static tunnel and remote end-user solutions
• Investigation and response to regional law enforcement agency requests
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
• Education Level: Minimum Higher Education Qualifications
• Field Of Study: Information Security, Information Technology, or related field
Experience in an information/network security operations environment, covering both Event Management and Incident Management responsibilities, or completion of a formal information/network security degree at an accredited college, or completion of baseline networking or information/network security certifications (SANS GSEC, CompTIA Security+, SCP SCNP, ISC2 SSCP, Cisco CCNP, Fortinet FCNSA)
• Fluent in Spanish
• Fluent in English language – spoken and written
• Ability to communicate in Portuguese preferable
• Experience as a technician in a telecommunications / network security environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Multi-task during events
• Communicate effectively with, junior technicians, managers, customers and vendors on escalation status
• Manage technical workload and engage senior technicians and management as appropriate
• Maintain a solid working relationship including collaborative technical activities with peers
• Logically adapt to rapidly changing circumstances
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities
• Prioritization and time management skills
• Work shift as required
• Work extra hours as needed
• Self-motivated and a self-learner
Alternate Location: AR-CABA-Buenos Aires
Requisition # : 187119
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.